DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY TO YOUR ROCKLAND COUNTY (NY) SPEEDING, TRAFFIC OR CELL PHONE TICKET WITHOUT READING THIS!!!
Whether you were visiting or simply passing through ROCKLAND COUNTY, New York, if you received a Speeding, Traffic or Cell Phone Ticket, the last thing you should do is plead guilty without calling me. During this Free Consultation, you will learn:
- In most instances, an attorney can fight a ticket WITHOUT THE NEED FOR THE DRIVER TO PERSONALLY APPEAR IN COURT.
- In most instances, a plea bargain will be available, allowing for the ticket to be reduced to a lesser charge with NO POINTS or less points.
- If you are convicted of certain traffic offenses in New York State or accumulate 6 or more points on your NYS Driving Record within 18 months, you will be subjected to a mandatory Driver Responsibility Assessment (“DRA”) which can cost at least an additional $300.00 or more ($100.00 per year, for three years for the first 6 points and $25.00 per year, for three years, for each point over the initial 6.)
- Most drivers are surprised to find out about the DRA in the form of a letter/invoice from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, long after they plead guilty and pay their fine to the court.
- The New York State Driver Responsibility Assessment applies to all drivers, including those licensed by another state and the failure to pay the DRA will result in the suspension of the driver’s NYS driving privileges and can possibly impact the out-of-state driving privilege too.
- If you are convicted of 3 Speeding offenses or accumulate 11 points in the State of New York, during an 18-month period, your New York State Driving Privileges can be suspended or revoked (this applies equally to drivers licensed in the State of New York and Out-of-State drivers.)
- If you are an OUT-OF-STATE driver, and depending upon where you are licensed, it is possible that some or all of the points from a New York State ticket can show up on your home state driving record.
- In New York, points are imposed for most traffic offenses. In the case of Speeding Tickets, they are based upon the number of miles per hour (“MPH”) over the speed limit and are set as follows:
Too many times, I have spoken to NY and Out-of-State drivers who, after trying to go it alone, conducting endless Google searches and doing their best to figure out how to handle a Speeding, Traffic or Cell Phone Ticket, simply plead guilty to “get it over with” and end up regretting their decision.
If you have received a Speeding, Traffic or Cell Phone Ticket anywhere in the State of New York, please call me discuss your matter and what I can do to help.
Brian Berkowitz, is a former prosecutor and a Traffic Ticket, DWI and Criminal Defense Attorney representing clients in Rockland County, Sullivan County, Westchester County, Orange County, Dutchess County, Putnam County and throughout the State of New York.
Law Office of Brian Berkowitz, 222 North Main Street, New City, NY 10956. 845-638-9200.
FACEBOOK: Law Office of Brian Berkowitz
ROCKLAND COUNTY COURTS
Airmont Village Court, 251 Cherry Lane, Tallman, NY 10982 - 845-357-3980
Chestnut Ridge Village Court, 277 Old Nyack Turnpike, Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977 - 845-425-3108
Clarkstown Town Court, 20 Maple Avenue, New City, NY 10956 - 845-639-5960
Grand View-on-Hudson Village Court, 118 River Road, Grand View Hudson, NY 10960 - 845-358-291
Hillburn Village Court, 31 Mountain Avenue, Hillburn, NY 10931 - 845-357-2036
Haverstraw Town Court, One Rosman Road, Garnerville, NY 10923 - 845- 947-0020
Haverstraw Village Court, 40 New Main Street, Haverstraw, NY 10927 - 845-947-4063
Montebello Village Court, 1 Montebello Road, Montebello, NY 10901 - 845-368-2211
New Hempstead Village Court, 108 Old Schoolhouse Road, New City, NY 10956 - 845-354-8100
New Square Village Court, 766 North Main Street, Spring Valley, NY 10977 - 845-354-5778
Nyack Village Court, 9 North Broadway, Nyack, NY 10960 - 845-358-4464
Orangetown Town Court, 26 Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg, NY 10962 - 845-359-5100
Piermont Village Court, 478 Piermont Avenue, Piermont, NY 10968 - 845-359-0345
Ramapo Town Court, 237 Route 59, Suffern, NY 10901 - 845-357-5100
Sloatsburg Village Court, 96 Orange Turnpike, Sloatsburg, NY 10974 - 845-753-5506
South Nyack Village Court, 282 South Broadway, South Nyack, NY 10960 - 845-358-5078
Spring Valley Village Court, 200 North Main Street, Spring Valley, NY 10977 - 845-352-1100
Stony Point Town Court, 6 Patriot Hills Drive, Stony Point, NY 10984 - 845- 786-2506
Suffern Village Court, 61 Washington Avenue, Suffern, NY 10901 - 845-357-6424
Wesley Hills Village Court, 432 Route 306, Wesley Hills, NY 10952 - 845-354-0404
West Haverstraw Village Court, 130 Samsondale Avenue, West Haverstraw, NY 10993 - 845-947-1013