DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY TO YOUR WESTCHESTER COUNTY (NY) SPEEDING, TRAFFIC OR CELL PHONE TICKET WITHOUT READING THIS!!!
Whether you were visiting or simply passing through WESTCHESTER COUNTY, New York, if you received a Speeding, Traffic or Cell Phone Ticket, the last thing you should do is plead guilty without calling me. During this Free Consultation, you will learn:
- In most instances, an attorney can fight a ticket WITHOUT THE NEED FOR THE DRIVER TO PERSONALLY APPEAR IN COURT.
- In most instances, a plea bargain will be available, allowing for the ticket to be reduced to a lesser charge with NO POINTS or less points.
- If you are convicted of certain traffic offenses in New York State or accumulate 6 or more points on your NYS Driving Record within 18 months, you will be subjected to a mandatory Driver Responsibility Assessment (“DRA”) which can cost, at least, an additional $300.00 or more ($100.00 per year, for three years for the first 6 points and $25.00 per year, for three years, for each point over the initial 6.)
- Most drivers are surprised to find out about the DRA in the form of a letter/invoice from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, long after they plead guilty and pay their fine to the court.
- The New York State Driver Responsibility Assessment applies to all drivers, including those licensed by another state and the failure to pay the DRA will result in the suspension of the driver’s NYS driving privileges and can possibly impact the out-of-state driving privilege too.
- If you are convicted of 3 Speeding offenses or accumulate 11 points in the State of New York, during an 18-month period, your New York State Driving Privileges can be suspended or revoked (this applies equally to drivers licensed in the State of New York and Out-of-State drivers.)
- If you are an OUT-OF-STATE driver, and depending upon where you are licensed, it is possible that some or all of the points from a New York State ticket can show up on your home state driving record.
- In New York, points are imposed for most traffic offenses. In the case of Speeding Tickets, they are based upon the number of miles per hour (“MPH”) over the speed limit and are set as follows:
Too many times, I have spoken to New York and Out-of-State drivers who, after trying to go it alone, conducting endless Google searches and doing their best to figure out how to handle a Speeding, Traffic or Cell Phone Ticket, simply plead guilty to “get it over with” and end up regretting their decision.
Brian Berkowitz, is a former prosecutor and a Traffic Ticket, DWI and Criminal Defense Attorney representing clients in Rockland County, Sullivan County, Westchester County, Orange County, Dutchess County, Putnam County and throughout the State of New York.
Law Office of Brian Berkowitz, 222 North Main Street, New City, NY 10956. 845-638-9200.
FACEBOOK: Law Office of Brian Berkowitz
Westchester County Traffic/Criminal Courts
Ardsley Village Court, 507 Ashford Avenue, Ardsley, NY 10502 - (914) 693-1703
Bedford Town Court, 321 Bedford Road, Bedford Hills, NY 10507 - (914) 666-6965
Briarcliff Manor Village Court, 1111 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510 - (914) 944-2788
Bronxville Village Court, 200 Pondfield Road, Bronxville, NY 10707 - (914) 337-2454
Buchanan Village Court, 236 Tate Avenue, Buchanan, NY 10511 - (914) 737-1033
Cortlandt Town Court, One Heady Street, Cortlandt Manor, NY 10566 - (914) 734-1090
Croton-on-Hudson Village Court, 1 Van Wyck Street, Croton-on-Hudson, NY 10520 - (914) 271-6266
Dobbs Ferry Village Court, 112 Main Street, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522-1610 - (914) 693-6161
Eastchester Town Court, 40 Mill Road, Eastchester, NY 10709 - (914) 771-3354
Elmsford Village Court, 15 South Stone Avenue, Elmsford, NY 10523-3699 - (914) 592-6555
Greenburgh Town Court, 188 Tarrytown Road, White Plains, NY 10607 - (914) 989-1875
Harrison Town Court, 1 Heineman Place, Harrison, NY 10528-3305 - (914) 835-2000
Hastings-on-Hudson Village Court, 7 Maple Avenue, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 10706 - (914) 478-3403
Irvington Village Court, 85 Main Street, Irvington, NY 10533 - (914) 591-7095
Larchmont Village Court, 120 Larchmont Avenue, Larchmont, NY 10538 - (914) 834-1826
Lewisboro Town Court, 79 Bouton Road, South Salem, NY 10590 - (914) 763-5417
Mamaroneck Town Court, 740 West Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck, NY 10543 - (914) 381-7875
Mamaroneck Village Court, 169 Mt Pleasant Avenue, Mamaroneck, NY 10543-0369 - (914) 777-7710
Mount Kisco Town Court, 40 Green Street, Mount Kisco, NY 10549-2300 - (914) 241-7033
Mount Pleasant Town Court, 1 Town Hall Plaza, Valhalla, NY 10595 - (914) 742-2324
Mount Vernon City Court, 2 Roosevelt Square North, 2nd Floor, Mount Vernon, NY 10550 - (914) 831-6440
New Castle Town Court, 200 S Greeley Ave, Chappaqua, NY 10514 - (914) 238-4726
New Rochelle City Court, 475 North Street, New Rochelle, NY 10801 - (914) 358-8000
North Castle Town Court, 15 Bedford Road, Armonk, NY 10504 - (914) 273-8627
North Salem Town Court, 66 June Road, PO Box 365, North Salem, NY 10560 - (914) 669-9691
Ossining Town Court, 86 Spring Street, Ossining, NY 10562 - (914) 762-8562
Ossining Village Court, 86 Spring Street, Ossining, NY 10562 - (914) 562-7710
Peekskill City Court, 2 Nelson Avenue, Peekskill, NY 10566 - (914) 831-6480
Pelham Town Court, 34 Fifth Avenue, Pelham, NY 10803 - (914) 738-7030
Pleasantville Village Court, 80 Wheeler Avenue, Pleasantville, NY 10570 - (914) 769-2027
Port Chester Village Court, 350 North Main Street, Port Chester, NY 10573 - (914) 939-8220
Pound Ridge Town Court, 179 Westchester Avenue, Pound Ridge, NY 10576 - (914) 764-5511
Rye City Court, 21 McCullough Place, Rye, NY 10580 - (914) 831-6400
Rye Town Court, 350 North Main Street, Port Chester, NY 10573 - (914) 939-3305
Scarsdale Town Court, 1001 Post Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583-4303 - (914) 722-1120
Scarsdale Village Court, 1001 Post Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583-4303 - (914) 722-1120
Sleepy Hollow Village Court, 28 Beekman Avenue, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591 - (914) 631-2783
Somers Town Court, 335 Route 202, Somers, NY 10589 - (914) 277-8225
Tarrytown Village Court, One Depot Plaza, Tarrytown, NY 10591 - (914) 631-5215
Tuckahoe Village Court, 65 Main Street, Tuckahoe, NY 10707 - (914) 961-4787
White Plains City Court, 77 South Lexington Avenue, White Plains, NY 10601 - (914) 824-5675
Yonkers City Court, 100 South Broadway, R.W. Cacace Justice Center, Yonkers, NY 10701 - (914) 831-6450
Yorktown Town Court, 2295 Crompond Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598 - (914) 962-6216