DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY TO YOUR WESTCHESTER COUNTY (NY) SPEEDING, TRAFFIC OR CELL PHONE TICKET WITHOUT READING THIS!!!
Whether you were visiting or simply passing through WESTCHESTER COUNTY, New York, if you received a Speeding, Traffic or Cell Phone Ticket, the last thing you should do is plead guilty without calling me. During this Free Consultation, you will learn:
- In most instances, a Westchester County Traffic Ticket Lawyer can fight a ticket WITHOUT THE NEED FOR THE DRIVER TO PERSONALLY APPEAR IN COURT.
- In most instances, a plea bargain will be available, allowing for the ticket to be reduced to a lesser charge with NO POINTS or less points.
- If you are convicted of certain traffic offenses in New York State or accumulate 6 or more points on your NYS Driving Record within 18 months, you will be subjected to a mandatory Driver Responsibility Assessment (“DRA”) which can cost, at least, an additional $300.00 or more ($100.00 per year, for three years for the first 6 points and $25.00 per year, for three years, for each point over the initial 6.)
- Most drivers are surprised to find out about the DRA in the form of a letter/invoice from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, long after they plead guilty and pay their fine to the court.
- The New York State Driver Responsibility Assessment applies to all drivers, including those licensed by another state and the failure to pay the DRA will result in the suspension of the driver’s NYS driving privileges and can possibly impact the out-of-state driving privilege too.
- If you are convicted of 3 Speeding offenses or accumulate 11 points in the State of New York, during an 18-month period, your New York State Driving Privileges can be suspended or revoked (this applies equally to drivers licensed in the State of New York and Out-of-State drivers.)
- If you are an OUT-OF-STATE driver, and depending upon where you are licensed, it is possible that some or all of the points from a New York State ticket can show up on your home state driving record.
- In New York, points are imposed for most traffic offenses. In the case of Speeding Tickets, they are based upon the number of miles per hour (“MPH”) over the speed limit and are set as follows:
- Tickets involving Cell Phone use or Texting while driving in the State of New York, in addition to a fine and surcharge, carry five (5) points.
Too many times, I have spoken to New York and Out-of-State drivers who, after trying to go it alone, conducting endless Google searches and doing their best to figure out how to handle a Speeding, Traffic or Cell Phone Ticket, simply plead guilty to “get it over with” and end up regretting their decision.
Brian Berkowitz, is a former prosecutor and a Traffic Ticket, DWI and Criminal Defense Attorney representing clients in Rockland County, Sullivan County, Westchester County, Orange County, Dutchess County, Putnam County and throughout the State of New York.
Law Office of Brian Berkowitz, 222 North Main Street, New City, NY 10956. 845-638-9200.
FACEBOOK: Law Office of Brian Berkowitz
Westchester County Traffic/Criminal Courts
Ardsley Village Court, 507 Ashford Avenue, Ardsley, NY 10502 - (914) 693-1703 (Ardsley Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Bedford Town Court, 321 Bedford Road, Bedford Hills, NY 10507 - (914) 666-6965 (Bedford Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Briarcliff Manor Village Court, 1111 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510 - (914) 944-2788 (Briarcliff Manor Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Bronxville Village Court, 200 Pondfield Road, Bronxville, NY 10707 - (914) 337-2454 (Bronxville Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Buchanan Village Court, 236 Tate Avenue, Buchanan, NY 10511 - (914) 737-1033 (Buchanan Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Cortlandt Town Court, One Heady Street, Cortlandt Manor, NY 10566 - (914) 734-1090 (Cortlandt Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Croton-on-Hudson Village Court, 1 Van Wyck Street, Croton-on-Hudson, NY 10520 - (914) 271-6266 (Croton on Hudson Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Dobbs Ferry Village Court, 112 Main Street, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522-1610 - (914) 693-6161 (Dobbs Ferry Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Eastchester Town Court, 40 Mill Road, Eastchester, NY 10709 - (914) 771-3354 (Eastchester Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Elmsford Village Court, 15 South Stone Avenue, Elmsford, NY 10523-3699 - (914) 592-6555 (Elmsford Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Greenburgh Town Court, 188 Tarrytown Road, White Plains, NY 10607 - (914) 989-1875 (Greenburgh Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Harrison Town Court, 1 Heineman Place, Harrison, NY 10528-3305 - (914) 835-2000 (Harrison Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Hastings-on-Hudson Village Court, 7 Maple Avenue, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 10706 - (914) 478-3403 Hastings on Hudson Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Irvington Village Court, 85 Main Street, Irvington, NY 10533 - (914) 591-7095 (Irvington Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Larchmont Village Court, 120 Larchmont Avenue, Larchmont, NY 10538 - (914) 834-1826 (Larchmont Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Lewisboro Town Court, 79 Bouton Road, South Salem, NY 10590 - (914) 763-5417 (Lewisboro Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Mamaroneck Town Court, 740 West Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck, NY 10543 - (914) 381-7875 (Mamaroneck Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Mamaroneck Village Court, 169 Mt Pleasant Avenue, Mamaroneck, NY 10543-0369 - (914) 777-7710 (Mamaroneck Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Mount Kisco Town Court, 40 Green Street, Mount Kisco, NY 10549-2300 - (914) 241-7033 (Mount Kisco Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Mount Pleasant Town Court, 1 Town Hall Plaza, Valhalla, NY 10595 - (914) 742-2324 (Mount Pleasant Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Mount Vernon City Court, 2 Roosevelt Square North, 2nd Floor, Mount Vernon, NY 10550 - (914) 831-6440 (Mount VernonSpeeding Ticket Lawyer)
New Castle Town Court, 200 S Greeley Ave, Chappaqua, NY 10514 - (914) 238-4726 (New Castle Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
New Rochelle City Court, 475 North Street, New Rochelle, NY 10801 - (914) 358-8000 (New Rochelle Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
North Castle Town Court, 15 Bedford Road, Armonk, NY 10504 - (914) 273-8627 (North Castle Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
North Salem Town Court, 66 June Road, PO Box 365, North Salem, NY 10560 - (914) 669-9691 (North Salem Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Ossining Town Court, 86 Spring Street, Ossining, NY 10562 - (914) 762-8562 (Ossining Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Ossining Village Court, 86 Spring Street, Ossining, NY 10562 - (914) 562-7710 (Ossining Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Peekskill City Court, 2 Nelson Avenue, Peekskill, NY 10566 - (914) 831-6480 (Peekskill Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Pelham Town Court, 34 Fifth Avenue, Pelham, NY 10803 - (914) 738-7030 (Pelham Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Pleasantville Village Court, 80 Wheeler Avenue, Pleasantville, NY 10570 - (914) 769-2027 (Pleasantville Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Port Chester Village Court, 350 North Main Street, Port Chester, NY 10573 - (914) 939-8220 (Port Chester Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Pound Ridge Town Court, 179 Westchester Avenue, Pound Ridge, NY 10576 - (914) 764-5511 (Pound Ridge Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Rye City Court, 21 McCullough Place, Rye, NY 10580 - (914) 831-6400 (Rye Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Rye Town Court, 350 North Main Street, Port Chester, NY 10573 - (914) 939-3305 (Rye Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Scarsdale Town Court, 1001 Post Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583-4303 - (914) 722-1120 (Scarsdale Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Scarsdale Village Court, 1001 Post Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583-4303 - (914) 722-1120 (Scarsdale Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Sleepy Hollow Village Court, 28 Beekman Avenue, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591 - (914) 631-2783 (Sleepy Hollow Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Somers Town Court, 335 Route 202, Somers, NY 10589 - (914) 277-8225 (Somers Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Tarrytown Village Court, One Depot Plaza, Tarrytown, NY 10591 - (914) 631-5215 (Tarrytown Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Tuckahoe Village Court, 65 Main Street, Tuckahoe, NY 10707 - (914) 961-4787 (Tuckahoe Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
White Plains City Court, 77 South Lexington Avenue, White Plains, NY 10601 - (914) 824-5675 (White Plains Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Yonkers City Court, 100 South Broadway, R.W. Cacace Justice Center, Yonkers, NY 10701 - (914) 831-6450 (Yonkers Speeding Ticket Lawyer)
Yorktown Town Court, 2295 Crompond Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598 - (914) 962-6216 (Yorktown Speeding Ticket Lawyer)