ARDSLEY SPEEDING, CELL PHONE AND TRAFFIC TICKET ATTORNEY
Located in Southern Westchester County, New York, the Village of Ardsley (which is part of the Town of Greenburgh) is known (per their website) as a thriving community with great schools, terrific shopping and restaurants and an interesting history. For many, this alone is what draws them to the village. However, for many others, whether they are simply passing through or coming or going to the Village of Ardsley, it is known as the place where they received a Speeding, Cell Phone or Traffic Ticket and they will have to appear before the Ardsley Village Court (located at 507 Ashford Avenue, Ardsley, New York 10502.)
Whether you have received a Traffic Ticket in the Village of Ardsley from the Ardsley Police Department, while driving through the local streets, or the New York State Police or Westchester County Police, while traveling on Interstate 87 (I-87,) the Sprain Brook Parkway or the Saw Mill River Parkway, please DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY to your ticket to simply “get it over with.” Although it may seem like the easy way out, most people receiving and/or pleading guilty to tickets are not aware of the following:
- In most instances, an Ardsley Traffic Ticket Lawyer can resolve a ticket WITHOUT THE NEED FOR THE DRIVER TO PERSONALLY APPEAR IN COURT.
- In most instances, a plea bargain will be available, allowing for the ticket to be reduced to a lesser charge with NO POINTS or less points.
- If you are convicted of certain traffic offenses in New York State or accumulate six (6) or more points on your NYS Driving Record within eighteen (18) months, you will be subjected to a mandatory Driver Responsibility Assessment (“DRA”) which can cost at least an additional $300.00 or more ($100.00 per year, for three years for the first 6 points and $25.00 per year, for three years, for each point over the initial 6.)
- Most drivers are surprised to find out about the DRA in the form of a letter/invoice from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, long after they plead guilty and pay their fine to the court.
- The New York State Driver Responsibility Assessment applies to all drivers, including those licensed by another state and the failure to pay the DRA will result in the suspension of the driver’s NYS driving privileges and can possibly affect the out-of-state driving privilege too.
- If you are convicted of three (3) Speeding offenses or accumulate eleven (11) points in the State of New York, during an eighteen (18) month period, your New York State Driving Privileges can be suspended or revoked (this applies equally to drivers licensed in the State of New York and Out-of-State drivers.)
- If you are an OUT-OF-STATE driver, and depending upon where you are licensed, it is possible that some or all of the points from a New York State ticket can show up on your home state driving record.
- In New York, points are imposed for most traffic offenses. In the case of Speeding Tickets, they are based upon the number of miles per hour (“MPH”) over the speed limit and are set as follows:
- Tickets involving Cell Phone use or Texting while driving in the State of New York, in addition to a fine and surcharge, carry five (5) points.
With the above in mind, if you have received a ticket in the Village of Ardsley or anywhere in the State of New York, please take a few minutes to give me a call at 845-638-9200 to discuss this matter and what I can do to help. There is never a charge for a consultation and I am always available to take your call.
Ardsley Speeding Ticket Lawyer, Brian Berkowitz, is a former prosecutor and a Traffic Ticket, DWI and Criminal Defense Attorney representing clients in Westchester County, Rockland County and throughout the State of New York.
Law Office of Brian Berkowitz, 222 North Main Street, New City, NY 10956. 845-638-9200 - Ardsley Speeding Ticket Attorney.
FACEBOOK: Law Office of Brian Berkowitz